Mumbai: Terror accused Wazhul Kamar Khan on Tuesday
said he was shocked to learn that his name figured in the list
of 50 most wanted fugitives given to Pakistan even though he
had been living in Thane for years.
"I am here in Thane since years and how come they included
my name in the most wanted list that was sent to Pakistan. I
was told to meet police officials today," 44-year-old Khan
Khan, who is into zari business, had a passport which he
lost sometimes back and has never been to Pakistan, he claimed.
In a huge embarrassment to India, Khan, whose name figured
in the list of 50 most wanted fugitives given to Pakistan,
has been found to be living in a suburb of Mumbai, prompting
the government to order a probe into the goof up.
"I am innocent in all the cases. I had no role to play in
the Mulund or any other blasts. I was falsely implicated, I
have been regularly attending court proceedings and I am sure
that I will prove my innocence in the court," Khan said.
He said he had gone to Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh for
a few years after being implicated in the blasts cases.
"When I returned, I started a zari manufacturing unit in
Mumbai`s Dharavi area. By showing me as one of the 50 most
wanted accused, the police are making my life hell," he said.
Khan`s wife Ayesha said they have been living in Mumbai
from the past 12 years. "We belong to UP and have been living
in the city for many years," she said.
His cousin Tajuddin Choudhary wondered, "How come security
agencies included my brother`s name in the list when he has
been here since years doing zari business. It is a blunder on
the part of security agencies. Khan is the only breadwinner of
City Deputy Police Commissioner (Operations), Rajkumar
Vhatkar refused to comment on the goof-up.