Terror emanating from Pak under core concern: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Friday expressed deep concern over terrorism "emanating" from territory under Pakistan`s control, saying it has consistently stressed the issue with its neighbour to honour its commitment in this regard.
In a written reply, Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur told the Lok Sabha that India has "consistently stressed to its interlocutors the need for Pakistan to honour its commitment of not allowing territory under its control to be used for terrorism against India in any manner".
She further said that terrorism "emanating from territory under Pakistan`s control remains a core concern for us".
India has also sought a commitment from Pakistan for not allowing any anti-India terror activity within its territory, she said.
"This is precisely why India has sought a firm and abiding commitment from Pakistan that it will not allow its territory and territory under its control to be used for aiding and abetting of terrorist activities directed against India and for providing sanctuary to such terrorist groups," she said.
Replying to a question on migration of Hindus and Sikhs from Pakistan, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said India`s concern in this regard has already been expressed.
"Recently, India`s serious concerns on the matter of abduction, forced conversion and marriage of Hindu girls against their will to Muslim men in Pakistan have been conveyed to Pakistan side," he said, adding that a demarche was made with Pakistan on May 8 in this regard.
"Pakistan side responded that the government of Pakistan is seized of the matter and the Supreme Court of Pakistan has taken up the issue and the Government of Pakistan provides full protection to all minorities," Krishna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach