Terror financing monitoring unit moved from MoEF to MHA
New Delhi: The terror financing monitoring
unit of the government, which was under the Finance Ministry,
has now been brought under the control of the Union Home
Official sources said the terror financing wing of the
Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU-IND) has been taken out from
the purview of the Finance Ministry.
They said three new posts have been created in the Home
Ministry to look after the new division.
The FIU-IND is the central agency responsible for
receiving, processing, analysing and disseminating information
relating to suspicious financial transactions to enforcement
agencies and foreign FIUs.
It has been keeping a close tab on all possible terror
Last year, a total of 4,409 suspicious transactions were
reported to the FIU-IND by banks (2,826), financial
institutions (841) and intermediaries (742).
Meanwhile, the border area development division under the
Department of Development of North Eastern Region has also
been brought under the purview of the Home Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read