Terror financing monitoring unit moved from MoEF to MHA
New Delhi: The terror financing monitoring
unit of the government, which was under the Finance Ministry,
has now been brought under the control of the Union Home
Official sources said the terror financing wing of the
Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU-IND) has been taken out from
the purview of the Finance Ministry.
They said three new posts have been created in the Home
Ministry to look after the new division.
The FIU-IND is the central agency responsible for
receiving, processing, analysing and disseminating information
relating to suspicious financial transactions to enforcement
agencies and foreign FIUs.
It has been keeping a close tab on all possible terror
Last year, a total of 4,409 suspicious transactions were
reported to the FIU-IND by banks (2,826), financial
institutions (841) and intermediaries (742).
Meanwhile, the border area development division under the
Department of Development of North Eastern Region has also
been brought under the purview of the Home Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO