Terror has no religion, says Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: As BJP fumed over Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s comment linking Sangh parivar with Hindu terror, its ally Janata Dal (United) on Monday said terror has no religion and asked him to act if he has any such knowledge.
"It is the government`s responsibility to provide security. Home Minister`s job is to ensure peace and not issue statements," JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav said here.
Addressing the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of conducting "terror training" camps to spread saffron terrorism in the country.
Asked to comment on Shinde`s Hindu terror statement, Yadav said "terror has no religion."
"Anyway it is his government. So he is saying all these to whom? He has to act," he said adding the "government is only expressing concern over internal disturbance. But government has to find a solution. It is his (Home Minister) duty to prevent internal strife."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?