Terror, insurgency focus of BSF-BDR talks in Dhaka
New Delhi: Terror cooperation, insurgency in
the North-east, cross-border infiltration and smuggling of fake Indian currency notes will be high on agenda during the week-long meeting of border guarding forces of India and Bangladesh in Dhaka.
The 20-member Indian delegation headed by BSF Chief Raman
Srivastava today left for Dhaka for the meeting which will
also discuss with Bangladesh Rifles chief Major General Rafiq
ul-Islam issues relating to fencing and border management.
Srivastava is likely to hand over to his counterpart a
list of certain Indian insurgents who are believed to be
hiding in Bangladesh.
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state