Terror module unearthed in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A module of Sikh militant group Khalistan Zindabad Force (KZF) was unearthed here today with the arrest of its three members, including two women, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, the members of the banned terror outfit were arrested in a joint operation conducted by the district and Jalandhar Police and several arms and ammunition were recovered from their possession, Jalandhar (Zonal II) IG, Gurpreet Kaur Deo said.
The arrested have been identified as Ranjit Singh Rana, Salinder Kaur and Kulwinder Kaur.
The recoveries included a 7.65mm auto pistol, two .32 bore revolvers, three magazines and 89 live cartridges among the others.
An FIR has been registered against the suspects under various sections of the IPC, Arms Act and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, police said.
This is the second major terrorist module unearthed within the span of a month.
Earlier, on February 27, in a joint operation conducted by Amritsar and Mohali police, a Babbar Khalsa International module was neutralised with the arrest of top leader Narain Singh, alias Chaura, and his associate Dharam Singh, alias Karan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!