Terror module unearthed in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A module of Sikh militant group Khalistan Zindabad Force (KZF) was unearthed here today with the arrest of its three members, including two women, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, the members of the banned terror outfit were arrested in a joint operation conducted by the district and Jalandhar Police and several arms and ammunition were recovered from their possession, Jalandhar (Zonal II) IG, Gurpreet Kaur Deo said.
The arrested have been identified as Ranjit Singh Rana, Salinder Kaur and Kulwinder Kaur.
The recoveries included a 7.65mm auto pistol, two .32 bore revolvers, three magazines and 89 live cartridges among the others.
An FIR has been registered against the suspects under various sections of the IPC, Arms Act and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, police said.
This is the second major terrorist module unearthed within the span of a month.
Earlier, on February 27, in a joint operation conducted by Amritsar and Mohali police, a Babbar Khalsa International module was neutralised with the arrest of top leader Narain Singh, alias Chaura, and his associate Dharam Singh, alias Karan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!