Terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions: Dalai
Bhubaneswar: Noting that various political
and economic factors were the chief reasons contributing to
terrorism, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said
terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions.
"The terrorist outfits infuse religion into their
activities as it is very emotional in nature," he said here
during an interactive session after a religious discourse.
On perceived growth of fundamentalism and fanaticism, the
Buddhist monk said "it is due to lack of knowledge about other
Discarding the idea of one religion, one truth principle,
the Dalai Lama said one should be tolerant towards different
religions and several truth.
"Getting attached to one thing sometimes gives rise to
fundamentalism," he said, adding there was "contradictory"
philosophies even in Buddhism.
"One should not consider that the Lord Buddha was himself
confused. The Lord spread contradictory philosophies among his
followers deliberately to penetrate different messages for
different people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review