Terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions: Dalai
Bhubaneswar: Noting that various political
and economic factors were the chief reasons contributing to
terrorism, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said
terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions.
"The terrorist outfits infuse religion into their
activities as it is very emotional in nature," he said here
during an interactive session after a religious discourse.
On perceived growth of fundamentalism and fanaticism, the
Buddhist monk said "it is due to lack of knowledge about other
Discarding the idea of one religion, one truth principle,
the Dalai Lama said one should be tolerant towards different
religions and several truth.
"Getting attached to one thing sometimes gives rise to
fundamentalism," he said, adding there was "contradictory"
philosophies even in Buddhism.
"One should not consider that the Lord Buddha was himself
confused. The Lord spread contradictory philosophies among his
followers deliberately to penetrate different messages for
different people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it