Terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions: Dalai
Bhubaneswar: Noting that various political
and economic factors were the chief reasons contributing to
terrorism, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said
terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions.
"The terrorist outfits infuse religion into their
activities as it is very emotional in nature," he said here
during an interactive session after a religious discourse.
On perceived growth of fundamentalism and fanaticism, the
Buddhist monk said "it is due to lack of knowledge about other
Discarding the idea of one religion, one truth principle,
the Dalai Lama said one should be tolerant towards different
religions and several truth.
"Getting attached to one thing sometimes gives rise to
fundamentalism," he said, adding there was "contradictory"
philosophies even in Buddhism.
"One should not consider that the Lord Buddha was himself
confused. The Lord spread contradictory philosophies among his
followers deliberately to penetrate different messages for
different people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users