Terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions: Dalai
Bhubaneswar: Noting that various political
and economic factors were the chief reasons contributing to
terrorism, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said
terror outfits use religion to invoke public emotions.
"The terrorist outfits infuse religion into their
activities as it is very emotional in nature," he said here
during an interactive session after a religious discourse.
On perceived growth of fundamentalism and fanaticism, the
Buddhist monk said "it is due to lack of knowledge about other
Discarding the idea of one religion, one truth principle,
the Dalai Lama said one should be tolerant towards different
religions and several truth.
"Getting attached to one thing sometimes gives rise to
fundamentalism," he said, adding there was "contradictory"
philosophies even in Buddhism.
"One should not consider that the Lord Buddha was himself
confused. The Lord spread contradictory philosophies among his
followers deliberately to penetrate different messages for
different people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?