Terror probe: Govt for coordination panel of NIA, CBI, police
New Delhi: Widening its probe to ascertain the role of some Hindu groups in terror activities, the Centre has proposed a coordination committee consisting of NIA, CBI, and police officials from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Official sources said the Centre is also planning to take over the murder case of Sunil Joshi, whose name has cropped up in connection with various blasts including that in Ajmer dargah and Samjhauta Express.
Joshi, whose name figured in the Ajmer dargah blast case, was murdered on December 29, 2007 in Dewas.
Sources in the Government said that murder is alleged to have a terror angle and therefore NIA could take up the case suo moto.
The sources also said that since different agencies were probing various cases involving groups having alleged links to RSS and VHP, it was necessary to have coordination between all the agencies.
The NIA, in the meantime, is looking for at least 15 more people wanted in connection with the Samjhauta blast.
It had yesterday announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh each for information leading to the arrest of Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra in connection with the case.
Besides the two, the National Investigation Agency has also announced a cash reward of Rs two lakh for the arrest of Ashok, also wanted in connection with the same case, a statement by the agency said.
Swami Aseemanand, who has been arrested in the case, has in his confession statement before a magistrate named Dange and Ramchandra as being instrumental in carrying out a number of blasts in the country including in the Samjhauta Express.
The NIA, under the Union Home Ministry, is investigating the case relating to the bomb blast in Indo-Pak Atari Express (popularly known as Samjhauta Express) in February 2007, which resulted in the death of 68 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day