Terror probe: Govt for coordination panel of NIA, CBI, police
New Delhi: Widening its probe to ascertain the role of some Hindu groups in terror activities, the Centre has proposed a coordination committee consisting of NIA, CBI, and police officials from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Official sources said the Centre is also planning to take over the murder case of Sunil Joshi, whose name has cropped up in connection with various blasts including that in Ajmer dargah and Samjhauta Express.
Joshi, whose name figured in the Ajmer dargah blast case, was murdered on December 29, 2007 in Dewas.
Sources in the Government said that murder is alleged to have a terror angle and therefore NIA could take up the case suo moto.
The sources also said that since different agencies were probing various cases involving groups having alleged links to RSS and VHP, it was necessary to have coordination between all the agencies.
The NIA, in the meantime, is looking for at least 15 more people wanted in connection with the Samjhauta blast.
It had yesterday announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh each for information leading to the arrest of Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra in connection with the case.
Besides the two, the National Investigation Agency has also announced a cash reward of Rs two lakh for the arrest of Ashok, also wanted in connection with the same case, a statement by the agency said.
Swami Aseemanand, who has been arrested in the case, has in his confession statement before a magistrate named Dange and Ramchandra as being instrumental in carrying out a number of blasts in the country including in the Samjhauta Express.
The NIA, under the Union Home Ministry, is investigating the case relating to the bomb blast in Indo-Pak Atari Express (popularly known as Samjhauta Express) in February 2007, which resulted in the death of 68 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?