Terror probe: Govt for coordination panel of NIA, CBI, police
New Delhi: Widening its probe to ascertain the role of some Hindu groups in terror activities, the Centre has proposed a coordination committee consisting of NIA, CBI, and police officials from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Official sources said the Centre is also planning to take over the murder case of Sunil Joshi, whose name has cropped up in connection with various blasts including that in Ajmer dargah and Samjhauta Express.
Joshi, whose name figured in the Ajmer dargah blast case, was murdered on December 29, 2007 in Dewas.
Sources in the Government said that murder is alleged to have a terror angle and therefore NIA could take up the case suo moto.
The sources also said that since different agencies were probing various cases involving groups having alleged links to RSS and VHP, it was necessary to have coordination between all the agencies.
The NIA, in the meantime, is looking for at least 15 more people wanted in connection with the Samjhauta blast.
It had yesterday announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh each for information leading to the arrest of Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra in connection with the case.
Besides the two, the National Investigation Agency has also announced a cash reward of Rs two lakh for the arrest of Ashok, also wanted in connection with the same case, a statement by the agency said.
Swami Aseemanand, who has been arrested in the case, has in his confession statement before a magistrate named Dange and Ramchandra as being instrumental in carrying out a number of blasts in the country including in the Samjhauta Express.
The NIA, under the Union Home Ministry, is investigating the case relating to the bomb blast in Indo-Pak Atari Express (popularly known as Samjhauta Express) in February 2007, which resulted in the death of 68 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'