Terror suspect Fasih in Saudi custody: Govt to SC
New Delhi: The government Monday told the Supreme Court that Bihar engineer Fasih Mehmood was under the detention of the Saudi Arabian authorities.
Additional Solicitor General Gourab Banerjee told the apex court bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam that Saudi authorities have informed the CBI June 26 that he was under their detention.
The court directed the government to file a report on the status of Fasih within three weeks. Fasih`s wife Nikhat Parveen had filed an application seeking to know the whereabouts of her husband.
Fasih, 35, who hails from a village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, was reportedly arrested in Saudi Arabia May 14 for suspected terror links in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!