Terror suspect Fasih to be brought to Bangalore
Bangalore: Suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist Fasih Mehmood, an accused in the Delhi and Bangalore blasts, will be brought here either on Friday or Saturday, a top police official said.
"Our team is already in Delhi. Fasih will be brought here either today or tomorrow," Additional Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) T Suneel Kumar said on Friday.
Asked whether Fasih will be produced before a local court and whether police would seek his custody, he said, "It all depends on the conditions on which he is being sent here, whether it is transit warrant."
Additional Sessions Judge Asha Menon sent Fasih to 14-day judicial custody on Thursday after Special Cell of Delhi Police, which arrested him at IGI Airport after his deportation from Saudi Arabia recently, said it no longer needed his custody for interrogation.
The court ordered handing over Fasih to Bangalore police in response to its plea for his custody.
Arrested by the Special Cell on October 22 after his deportation, Fasih is wanted by Bangalore Police in connection with the Chinaswamy Stadium blasts last year.
Fasih, who is from Bihar and is a mechanical engineer by profession, is also named in the charge sheet filed against Abu Jundal, a key handler of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof