Terror threat to Mumbai-Ahmedabad luxury buses
Mumbai: Maharashtra Police have received inputs from central intelligence agencies about possibility of terror attacks on luxury buses plying between Mumbai and Ahmedabad and steps have been taken to foil any such bid.
"There are various intelligence inputs about possible terror strikes in the state. One of them is that the luxury buses running between Mumbai and Ahmedabad could be targeted. We have asked all the bus owners to be extra alert," a top state police officer told PTI on condition of anonymity.
The officer said that the identity of passengers were being ascertained and their luggage thoroughly checked to the extent possible.
Even the normal buses and other vehicles plying on the route were being randomly checked, he said.
Recently, there was an input from the central intelligence agencies that the terrorists may target Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport using small aircraft following which security there was tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling