Terror threat to Mumbai-Ahmedabad luxury buses
Mumbai: Maharashtra Police have received inputs from central intelligence agencies about possibility of terror attacks on luxury buses plying between Mumbai and Ahmedabad and steps have been taken to foil any such bid.
"There are various intelligence inputs about possible terror strikes in the state. One of them is that the luxury buses running between Mumbai and Ahmedabad could be targeted. We have asked all the bus owners to be extra alert," a top state police officer told PTI on condition of anonymity.
The officer said that the identity of passengers were being ascertained and their luggage thoroughly checked to the extent possible.
Even the normal buses and other vehicles plying on the route were being randomly checked, he said.
Recently, there was an input from the central intelligence agencies that the terrorists may target Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport using small aircraft following which security there was tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...