Terrorism has no colour: Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: Facing flak from BJP and Sangh Parivar over his controversial Hindu terror remarks, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said he fully endorses Congress party`s stand that there was no colour to terrorism.
"There is no colour to any terrorism," he told reporters when asked to comment on his remarks during Congress party`s `Chintan Shivir` in Jaipur last month.
"I have already said after Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi`s January 22 comment that ‘my thought is the same as party line’," he said.
Virtually snubbing the Home Minister for his jibe against BJP and RSS on Hindu terrorism, Dwivedi had said "Terrorism should not be linked with any religion.
"Congress does not see any connect between terrorism and any religion. The party had earlier also made it clear that terror has no religion or colour. Congress never uses word like saffron terror or Hindu terror," he had said.
Alleging that Shinde`s Hindu terror remarks were a ploy to deflect attention from the "failures" of the government, BJP had yesterday said Congress will have to "bear the consequences" of this "insult" inside and outside Parliament.
The party said it will bring up the issue in Parliament in the forthcoming budget session and decided on boycott of Shinde.
Sources close to Shinde said the Home Minister had no intention to use the word Hindu terrorism but sometimes it happens that some words come out of the mouth of an individual inadvertently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka