Terrorism has no colour: Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: Facing flak from BJP and Sangh Parivar over his controversial Hindu terror remarks, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said he fully endorses Congress party`s stand that there was no colour to terrorism.
"There is no colour to any terrorism," he told reporters when asked to comment on his remarks during Congress party`s `Chintan Shivir` in Jaipur last month.
"I have already said after Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi`s January 22 comment that ‘my thought is the same as party line’," he said.
Virtually snubbing the Home Minister for his jibe against BJP and RSS on Hindu terrorism, Dwivedi had said "Terrorism should not be linked with any religion.
"Congress does not see any connect between terrorism and any religion. The party had earlier also made it clear that terror has no religion or colour. Congress never uses word like saffron terror or Hindu terror," he had said.
Alleging that Shinde`s Hindu terror remarks were a ploy to deflect attention from the "failures" of the government, BJP had yesterday said Congress will have to "bear the consequences" of this "insult" inside and outside Parliament.
The party said it will bring up the issue in Parliament in the forthcoming budget session and decided on boycott of Shinde.
Sources close to Shinde said the Home Minister had no intention to use the word Hindu terrorism but sometimes it happens that some words come out of the mouth of an individual inadvertently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah