Terrorist group may be planning attacks in India: US
Washington: Terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India, the US has warned in its latest advisory and asked its nationals to exercise caution during their stay in the country.
Alerting US citizens, the Department of State said: "The US government continues to receive information that terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India."
The February 2010 bombing in Pune and the November 2008 attacks in Mumbai provide a vivid reminder that hotels, markets, trains and other public places in India are especially attractive targets for terrorist groups, it said in the advisory.
"Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit," the State Department said.
The latest advisory replaces the Travel Alert dating January 29 and will expire on May 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read