Terrorist group may be planning attacks in India: US
Washington: Terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India, the US has warned in its latest advisory and asked its nationals to exercise caution during their stay in the country.
Alerting US citizens, the Department of State said: "The US government continues to receive information that terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India."
The February 2010 bombing in Pune and the November 2008 attacks in Mumbai provide a vivid reminder that hotels, markets, trains and other public places in India are especially attractive targets for terrorist groups, it said in the advisory.
"Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit," the State Department said.
The latest advisory replaces the Travel Alert dating January 29 and will expire on May 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh