Terrorist group may be planning attacks in India: US
Washington: Terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India, the US has warned in its latest advisory and asked its nationals to exercise caution during their stay in the country.
Alerting US citizens, the Department of State said: "The US government continues to receive information that terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India."
The February 2010 bombing in Pune and the November 2008 attacks in Mumbai provide a vivid reminder that hotels, markets, trains and other public places in India are especially attractive targets for terrorist groups, it said in the advisory.
"Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit," the State Department said.
The latest advisory replaces the Travel Alert dating January 29 and will expire on May 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained