Terrorists entered India by crossing unfenced rivulet: Govt
New Delhi: The three terrorists, who carried out the audacious attacks in Jammu killing 10 people, including Armymen, had entered India by crossing over a rivulet which is unfenced.
According to a preliminary report, heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists, suspected to be belonging to Lashkar-e-Toiba, crossed the Chhappri rivulet and reached a graveyard in Jhandi village, close to International Border (IB), before unleashing their terror acts yesterday.
The IB in the area is completely fenced and after inspection the security forces found no breach in the barbed wire fencing, Home Ministry officials said.
Besides, it is impossible for anyone to cross over the fence and hence the only path the terrorists could have taken to come to India was by crossing Chhappri rivulet, they said.
The security forces were almost certain that the three terrorists were Pakistanis as they had little knowledge about the geography of the area, they said.
Dressed in Army fatigues, terrorists stormed a police station and then an Army camp in Jammu region, killing 10 people, including an Army officer in twin `fidayeen` attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples