Terrorists should be punished: PM on Saeed
New Delhi: With the US announcement of a $10 million bounty for 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday said those unleashing terrorism against India should be punished.
Asked if he is likely to take up the matter with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his India visit, Singh said: "All those who are engaged in terrorist acts against our country should be brought to book."
The Prime Minister was speaking on the sidelines of a function here.
India hopes the US announcement will put pressure on Pakistan to take action against the Laskhar-e-Toiba founder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!
- Attack on CRPF convoy a desperate attempt to create problems: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!