Terrorists should be punished: PM on Saeed
New Delhi: With the US announcement of a $10 million bounty for 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday said those unleashing terrorism against India should be punished.
Asked if he is likely to take up the matter with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his India visit, Singh said: "All those who are engaged in terrorist acts against our country should be brought to book."
The Prime Minister was speaking on the sidelines of a function here.
India hopes the US announcement will put pressure on Pakistan to take action against the Laskhar-e-Toiba founder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress