Terrorists should be punished: PM on Saeed
New Delhi: With the US announcement of a $10 million bounty for 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday said those unleashing terrorism against India should be punished.
Asked if he is likely to take up the matter with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his India visit, Singh said: "All those who are engaged in terrorist acts against our country should be brought to book."
The Prime Minister was speaking on the sidelines of a function here.
India hopes the US announcement will put pressure on Pakistan to take action against the Laskhar-e-Toiba founder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre