Terrorists should be punished: PM on Saeed
New Delhi: With the US announcement of a $10 million bounty for 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday said those unleashing terrorism against India should be punished.
Asked if he is likely to take up the matter with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his India visit, Singh said: "All those who are engaged in terrorist acts against our country should be brought to book."
The Prime Minister was speaking on the sidelines of a function here.
India hopes the US announcement will put pressure on Pakistan to take action against the Laskhar-e-Toiba founder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam