Terrorists should be punished: PM on Saeed
New Delhi: With the US announcement of a $10 million bounty for 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday said those unleashing terrorism against India should be punished.
Asked if he is likely to take up the matter with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his India visit, Singh said: "All those who are engaged in terrorist acts against our country should be brought to book."
The Prime Minister was speaking on the sidelines of a function here.
India hopes the US announcement will put pressure on Pakistan to take action against the Laskhar-e-Toiba founder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools