Terrorists using `most modern means of communication`
New Delhi: Terrorists are "now using adopting the most modern means of communication", Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Wednesday.
Terrorist groups were also making rampant use of cyber space and social networking sites to carry out terror attacks, the minister told the Rajya Sabha.
"Various methods are being used by cyber terrorists such as email for communications, posting and hosting of provocative clips, photographs, morphed images and content on social networking sites for inciting violence, disturbing public order and malicious propaganda," he said.
He said the cyber terrorists also took to phishing and identity theft for financial frauds, attacks on online services and creation of malicious code to compromise computers.
"However, the basic infrastructure, including use of explosive substances for fabrication of bombs, largely remains the same," the minister said in a statement.
He said the government had taken a series of measures to train police personnel and enforcement agencies to deal with cyber terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing