Terrorists using `most modern means of communication`
New Delhi: Terrorists are "now using adopting the most modern means of communication", Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Wednesday.
Terrorist groups were also making rampant use of cyber space and social networking sites to carry out terror attacks, the minister told the Rajya Sabha.
"Various methods are being used by cyber terrorists such as email for communications, posting and hosting of provocative clips, photographs, morphed images and content on social networking sites for inciting violence, disturbing public order and malicious propaganda," he said.
He said the cyber terrorists also took to phishing and identity theft for financial frauds, attacks on online services and creation of malicious code to compromise computers.
"However, the basic infrastructure, including use of explosive substances for fabrication of bombs, largely remains the same," the minister said in a statement.
He said the government had taken a series of measures to train police personnel and enforcement agencies to deal with cyber terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog