Tests on air launch version of BrahMos to be over by 2012
Nagercoil: Experiments on the air
launch version of the supersonic BrahMos missile will be
completed by 2012, a top Defence Research and Development
Organisation official said here on Friday.
Preparations are also on to launch the missile from
submarines, Dr Sivathanupillai, Chief Controller, R and D,
DRDO and also CEO and MD, BrahMos Aerospace, told reporters.
The sea and land-based versions of the 290 km range
BrahMos, which have been successfully launched, have since
been inducted into the Navy and Army respectively.
The missile has the capability to travel three times
faster than the speed of sound, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state