Tests on air launch version of BrahMos to be over by 2012
Nagercoil: Experiments on the air
launch version of the supersonic BrahMos missile will be
completed by 2012, a top Defence Research and Development
Organisation official said here on Friday.
Preparations are also on to launch the missile from
submarines, Dr Sivathanupillai, Chief Controller, R and D,
DRDO and also CEO and MD, BrahMos Aerospace, told reporters.
The sea and land-based versions of the 290 km range
BrahMos, which have been successfully launched, have since
been inducted into the Navy and Army respectively.
The missile has the capability to travel three times
faster than the speed of sound, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll