Tewari, Ashwani, Kamla Nath new members of GoM on Media
New Delhi: Close on the heels of the Cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has re-constituted the Group of Ministers on Media by inducting new faces including I&B Minister Manish Tewari.
Besides Tewari, the new members are Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
The re-constitution of the GoM was necessitated following resignation of Ambika Soni as I&B Minister and shifting of Pawan Kumar Bansal from Parliamentary Affairs to Railways.
"The GoM on Media has been re-constituted on the basis of portfolios the ministers hold," an official said.
Interestingly, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who earlier held the Law and Justice portfolio, continues to be a member of the GoM on Media.
The GoM is chaired by Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy are other members of the GoM.
The Group of Minister on Media was set up in May last year to counter the strident opposition attack on the government in the wake of 2G spectrum allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed