Tewari, Ashwani, Kamla Nath new members of GoM on Media
New Delhi: Close on the heels of the Cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has re-constituted the Group of Ministers on Media by inducting new faces including I&B Minister Manish Tewari.
Besides Tewari, the new members are Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
The re-constitution of the GoM was necessitated following resignation of Ambika Soni as I&B Minister and shifting of Pawan Kumar Bansal from Parliamentary Affairs to Railways.
"The GoM on Media has been re-constituted on the basis of portfolios the ministers hold," an official said.
Interestingly, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who earlier held the Law and Justice portfolio, continues to be a member of the GoM on Media.
The GoM is chaired by Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy are other members of the GoM.
The Group of Minister on Media was set up in May last year to counter the strident opposition attack on the government in the wake of 2G spectrum allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal