Tewari, Ashwani, Kamla Nath new members of GoM on Media
New Delhi: Close on the heels of the Cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has re-constituted the Group of Ministers on Media by inducting new faces including I&B Minister Manish Tewari.
Besides Tewari, the new members are Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
The re-constitution of the GoM was necessitated following resignation of Ambika Soni as I&B Minister and shifting of Pawan Kumar Bansal from Parliamentary Affairs to Railways.
"The GoM on Media has been re-constituted on the basis of portfolios the ministers hold," an official said.
Interestingly, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who earlier held the Law and Justice portfolio, continues to be a member of the GoM on Media.
The GoM is chaired by Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy are other members of the GoM.
The Group of Minister on Media was set up in May last year to counter the strident opposition attack on the government in the wake of 2G spectrum allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites