Texas police look for Indian student killers
Houston: Police in Texas is on the look
out for two suspects in the killing of an Indian student in
Pasadena at a convenience store on Christmas day.
The 22-year-old hailing from Andhra Pradesh was shot
dead early on Christmas morning during a robbery at a
convenience store where he was working part time as a clerk.
Police officials investigating the crime said they are
seeking at least two suspects in the shooting death of
Jayachandra Elaprolu, the Houston Chronicle reported.
Elaprolu was shot five times by the robber who
attacked the store at around 2.20 am. The young student had
died by the time police arrived on the scene.
The tragic incident occurred in Pasadena city of Texas
state early on Christmas morning.
A video of the CCTV footage, which the police has
distributed to local media outlets in an attempt to find
witnesses, showed a man in a ski mask barging into the gas
station before shooting the man and taking away the cash
Pasadena police spokesman Bud Corbett said the gunman
appears to walk in with a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol in hand
and starts shooting with surprising ferocity.
While the shooter is described as a 5 feet 10 inches
to 6 feet tall man between 220 and 250 pounds, police is also
looking for another person who was seen leaving the store
seconds before the shooter entered.
Police said the second man did not appear to be having
They said if the second man was not an accomplice of
the attacker, he could be a witness to the case as he is
likely to have seen the shooter entering the store.
A woman who entered the store about a minute and half
after the incident found the clerk hit by bullets and she
called the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31