Thailand donates $100,000 to India for flood relief
Bangkok: Thailand on Thursday extended financial assistance of $100,000 towards India`s flood relief and rehabilitation.
Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul called Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa to the Thai Foreign Office to express sympathy and condolences on behalf of his government and people for loss of lives, property and devastation caused by the recent floods in northern India.
Tovichakchaikul also handed over a condolence message addressed to his Indian counterpart and made a symbolic presentation of financial assistance of $100,000 for relief and rehabilitation.
Last week, Thailand`s King Bhumibol Adulyadej had sent a message of condolence to President Pranab Mukherjee over the loss of lives and damage caused by the floods.
"The Queen and I are deeply saddened by reports of devastating floods which have caused immense loss of human lives and heavy damage to infrastructure and property in the northern part of your country," the message said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’