Thakur ducks question on bigger role for Modi post-Gujarat polls
Patna: Claiming that BJP`s return to power in Gujarat for a fourth term was a foregone conclusion, senior BJP leader C P Thakur on Friday ducked a question about the possibility of Narendra Modi assuming a bigger role in the party at the national level post-assembly polls in his state.
"I will not say anything on this issue," Thakur told reporters in reply to a question.
The state unit BJP chief was unequivocal in his praise for Modi for development in Gujarat during 11 years, and claimed that the party would return to power for yet another term with brute majority.
Thakur, who returned to Bihar after canvassing in Gujarat, said that he was struck by development and infrastructure and was confident that the electorate would handsomely reward the BJP and Modi in the assembly polls, the results of which will be out on December 20.
He, however, refrained from drawing any comparison between development in Gujarat and Bihar and said that it was not appropriate to make a comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price