Thakur ducks question on bigger role for Modi post-Gujarat polls
Patna: Claiming that BJP`s return to power in Gujarat for a fourth term was a foregone conclusion, senior BJP leader C P Thakur on Friday ducked a question about the possibility of Narendra Modi assuming a bigger role in the party at the national level post-assembly polls in his state.
"I will not say anything on this issue," Thakur told reporters in reply to a question.
The state unit BJP chief was unequivocal in his praise for Modi for development in Gujarat during 11 years, and claimed that the party would return to power for yet another term with brute majority.
Thakur, who returned to Bihar after canvassing in Gujarat, said that he was struck by development and infrastructure and was confident that the electorate would handsomely reward the BJP and Modi in the assembly polls, the results of which will be out on December 20.
He, however, refrained from drawing any comparison between development in Gujarat and Bihar and said that it was not appropriate to make a comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list