Thakur ducks question on bigger role for Modi post-Gujarat polls
Patna: Claiming that BJP`s return to power in Gujarat for a fourth term was a foregone conclusion, senior BJP leader C P Thakur on Friday ducked a question about the possibility of Narendra Modi assuming a bigger role in the party at the national level post-assembly polls in his state.
"I will not say anything on this issue," Thakur told reporters in reply to a question.
The state unit BJP chief was unequivocal in his praise for Modi for development in Gujarat during 11 years, and claimed that the party would return to power for yet another term with brute majority.
Thakur, who returned to Bihar after canvassing in Gujarat, said that he was struck by development and infrastructure and was confident that the electorate would handsomely reward the BJP and Modi in the assembly polls, the results of which will be out on December 20.
He, however, refrained from drawing any comparison between development in Gujarat and Bihar and said that it was not appropriate to make a comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Summer woes? Here are top 20 gateways to escape the heat!
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside