Thane social worker gets world peace award
Thane: Prominent social worker from tribal dominated Jawhar taluka of Thane, Vasudeo Mukne, has been awarded this year`s World Peace award by an NGO.
The award, instituted for exemplary work in the society, was given to Mukne at a function of Peace Meet organised by Raha Pratishthan in Panaji on Thursday.
Mukne has undertaken various projects for the needy including distribution of wheel chairs for disabled, distribution of sweaters and books for tribal students and providing assistance to visually-impaired people in the district.
His effort in organising mass marriages for tribal couples was also appreciated.
Mukne had earlier received several awards for his work, including the Babu Jagjivan Ram National Award 2012, Yeshwantrao Chavan Gaurav Puraskar 2010, Lokmanya Samaj Bhushan Puraskar 2010, and Maharashtra Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened