Thane social worker gets world peace award
Thane: Prominent social worker from tribal dominated Jawhar taluka of Thane, Vasudeo Mukne, has been awarded this year`s World Peace award by an NGO.
The award, instituted for exemplary work in the society, was given to Mukne at a function of Peace Meet organised by Raha Pratishthan in Panaji on Thursday.
Mukne has undertaken various projects for the needy including distribution of wheel chairs for disabled, distribution of sweaters and books for tribal students and providing assistance to visually-impaired people in the district.
His effort in organising mass marriages for tribal couples was also appreciated.
Mukne had earlier received several awards for his work, including the Babu Jagjivan Ram National Award 2012, Yeshwantrao Chavan Gaurav Puraskar 2010, Lokmanya Samaj Bhushan Puraskar 2010, and Maharashtra Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video