Thane social worker gets world peace award
Thane: Prominent social worker from tribal dominated Jawhar taluka of Thane, Vasudeo Mukne, has been awarded this year`s World Peace award by an NGO.
The award, instituted for exemplary work in the society, was given to Mukne at a function of Peace Meet organised by Raha Pratishthan in Panaji on Thursday.
Mukne has undertaken various projects for the needy including distribution of wheel chairs for disabled, distribution of sweaters and books for tribal students and providing assistance to visually-impaired people in the district.
His effort in organising mass marriages for tribal couples was also appreciated.
Mukne had earlier received several awards for his work, including the Babu Jagjivan Ram National Award 2012, Yeshwantrao Chavan Gaurav Puraskar 2010, Lokmanya Samaj Bhushan Puraskar 2010, and Maharashtra Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief