Tharoor arrives in Saudi, discusses Haj pilgrimage
Dubai: Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor arrived in Saudi Arabia today on a brief visit and met country`s Haj Minister Fouad Al-Farsi to discuss this year`s pilgrimage season. .
During the meeting held today, both sides reviewed issues pertaining to the Indian pilgrims for the Haj pilgrimage.
Speaking during his meeting with his Saudi counterpart, Tharoor hailed the services being extended by the Saudi authorities to both annual pilgrims and those that visit
Saudi Arabia for other religious reasons throughout the year.
Earlier, the minister left the following message on his twitter page: "Just landed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, for full day of mtgs (meetings) on the Haj and a few Indian
community events. Returning to Delhi in 20 hours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof