Tharoor arrives in Saudi, discusses Haj pilgrimage
Dubai: Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor arrived in Saudi Arabia today on a brief visit and met country`s Haj Minister Fouad Al-Farsi to discuss this year`s pilgrimage season. .
During the meeting held today, both sides reviewed issues pertaining to the Indian pilgrims for the Haj pilgrimage.
Speaking during his meeting with his Saudi counterpart, Tharoor hailed the services being extended by the Saudi authorities to both annual pilgrims and those that visit
Saudi Arabia for other religious reasons throughout the year.
Earlier, the minister left the following message on his twitter page: "Just landed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, for full day of mtgs (meetings) on the Haj and a few Indian
community events. Returning to Delhi in 20 hours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand