Tharoor arrives in Saudi, discusses Haj pilgrimage
Dubai: Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor arrived in Saudi Arabia today on a brief visit and met country`s Haj Minister Fouad Al-Farsi to discuss this year`s pilgrimage season. .
During the meeting held today, both sides reviewed issues pertaining to the Indian pilgrims for the Haj pilgrimage.
Speaking during his meeting with his Saudi counterpart, Tharoor hailed the services being extended by the Saudi authorities to both annual pilgrims and those that visit
Saudi Arabia for other religious reasons throughout the year.
Earlier, the minister left the following message on his twitter page: "Just landed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, for full day of mtgs (meetings) on the Haj and a few Indian
community events. Returning to Delhi in 20 hours."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living