Tharoor discusses bilateral ties with Dubai Crown prince
Dubai: India and the UAE on Tuesday reviewed
their bilateral relations and discussed ways to further
promote them in all areas with Minister of State for External
Affairs Shashi Tharoor seeking increased trade and reciprocal
investments with the Emirates.
Tharoor, who is touring the Gulf region held talks
with Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin
The Dubai Crown Prince expressed satisfaction at the
economic and investment relations between the two countries.
"Tharoor expressed hope for increased trade and reciprocal
investments with the UAE," the Wam news agency quoted the
Minister as saying.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman and Chief
Executive of Emirates Airline and Group and President of the
Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and Talmiz Ahmed, Ambassador of
India to the UAE, were also present during the meeting.
Tharoor yesterday attended a reception by
Thiruvananthapuram Expatriates Association (TEXAS). He
attended a lunch hosted at the India Business and Professional
Council (IBPC) today. The minister later left for Abu Dhabi to
attend other programmes.
Indian Consulate sources in Dubai said Tharoor will be
attending the inauguration of the Kerala Engineering Alumni
(KERA) Business Meet and release of the KERA Professional
Directory in Dubai on Thursday.
This will be followed by a reception by the Indian
Community Welfare Committee (ICWC) and launch of their website
at the Indian Consulate Auditorium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls