Tharoor tweets, seeks inquiry into IPL
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, who quit as minister of state for external affairs over his alleged links to the Kochi Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise, says in his latest tweet that he looks forward to a "thorough inquiry" into the Twenty20 cricket tournament.
Tharoor, who was very active on social networking site Twitter before the IPL controversy unfolded, tweeted late Friday: "Looking forward to a thorough inquiry into the IPL. If my resignation leads to real reform, it will be worthwhile. Our cricket should be clean."
He added that he now looks forward to going back to his constituency in Kerala and working there.
"It`s been a rough week but am looking forward to returning to Thiruvananthapuram. Lots of work needs to be done in the constituency."
He also replied to queries on Twitter.
To one who wanted to know `how much money he had made from IPL`, Tharoor said: "None, not one paisa. That`s the point. Just wanted a team for Kerala."
The IPL row erupted after its chairman Lalit Modi revealed that Tharoor had allegedly misused his office to help his close friend Sunanda Pushkar get Rs.70 crore sweat equity in the IPL Kochi franchise.
The row is refusing to die down, bringing Modi also under the scanner. Income Tax and Enforcement Directorate officials have been carrying out searches at the offices of IPL franchises across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...