Tharoor wants educated middle class to join politics
Dehradun: Criminalisation of politics and politicisation of criminals are bitter realities and these can only be stopped if educated middle class comes forward shedding its inhibitions about joining politics, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor said here.
Tharoor`s statement comes a week after three MPs including RJD leader Lalu Prasad and Congress` Rashid Masood, were disqualified as members of Parliament following their conviction in different cases.
Interacting with students of The Doon School here yesterday, the Union Minister of state for HRD said, "Criminalisation of politics and politicisation of criminals is a bitter reality of our times but it will end only when educated middle class sheds its inhibitions about joining politics."
"Criminalisation of politics... Can be stopped only if the educated middle class comes forward and joins the rough and tumble of politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation