The best is yet to come, says PM at NCAER
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone of the National Council for Applied Economic Research`s new centre here on Saturday morning.
Urging the institution to maintain its high standards of economic research, the Prime Minister said, "The best is yet to come."
"I sincerely hope that this institute will stay faithful to what its founding fathers stood for" Singh added.
Dr Rajendra Prasad laid down the foundation stone of NCAER building in 1959 and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru inaugurated it in 1961.
Singh was walked through the architectural plans for the New Centre by a specialised team before his address and interacted with eminent economists of the country at NCAER after the ceremony.
The NCAER is an independent non-profit economic research institution that assists the government, civil society and private sector to make policy choices. NCAER has an interdisciplinary team of researchers that generate large-scale primary data and independent analyses at national, state, sectoral, industry and firm levels.
The Council`s current research activities focus on the progress of the country`s economic reform programme and its impact on agriculture, industry and human development.
An emerging focus of the Council is a thorough assessment of major government public expenditure schemes in the social sector, at both state and union levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow