`The CBSE issued show cause notices to 31 schools`
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued show cause notice to 31 schools this year on complaints related to non-fulfilment of land norms, lack of infrastructure, non-payment of salary, charging of capitation fee and donation and other issues.
Minister of State in the HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor said this in Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
As per the information provided by Tharoor, over the last three years show cause notices had been issue to 59 schools, including 31 in 2012. Of these, the affiliation of nine schools was withdrawn while six others were downgraded. Advisories were issued to 44 schools.
In response to another question, Tharoor said the CBSE had directed all schools to develop their own websites having comprehensive information about the facilities and other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands