`The CBSE issued show cause notices to 31 schools`
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued show cause notice to 31 schools this year on complaints related to non-fulfilment of land norms, lack of infrastructure, non-payment of salary, charging of capitation fee and donation and other issues.
Minister of State in the HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor said this in Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
As per the information provided by Tharoor, over the last three years show cause notices had been issue to 59 schools, including 31 in 2012. Of these, the affiliation of nine schools was withdrawn while six others were downgraded. Advisories were issued to 44 schools.
In response to another question, Tharoor said the CBSE had directed all schools to develop their own websites having comprehensive information about the facilities and other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM