`The CBSE issued show cause notices to 31 schools`
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued show cause notice to 31 schools this year on complaints related to non-fulfilment of land norms, lack of infrastructure, non-payment of salary, charging of capitation fee and donation and other issues.
Minister of State in the HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor said this in Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
As per the information provided by Tharoor, over the last three years show cause notices had been issue to 59 schools, including 31 in 2012. Of these, the affiliation of nine schools was withdrawn while six others were downgraded. Advisories were issued to 44 schools.
In response to another question, Tharoor said the CBSE had directed all schools to develop their own websites having comprehensive information about the facilities and other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach