`The CBSE issued show cause notices to 31 schools`
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued show cause notice to 31 schools this year on complaints related to non-fulfilment of land norms, lack of infrastructure, non-payment of salary, charging of capitation fee and donation and other issues.
Minister of State in the HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor said this in Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
As per the information provided by Tharoor, over the last three years show cause notices had been issue to 59 schools, including 31 in 2012. Of these, the affiliation of nine schools was withdrawn while six others were downgraded. Advisories were issued to 44 schools.
In response to another question, Tharoor said the CBSE had directed all schools to develop their own websites having comprehensive information about the facilities and other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra