Theft at President`s Estate, Patil`s press officer the victim
New Delhi: Thieves have managed to burgle at least six times the official quarters of President Pratibha Patil`s press officer in the last one month, police said on Thursday.
Archana Datta, Officer on Special Duty (Public Relations), have filed a fresh complaint with the Parliament Street police station here yesterday seeking registration of a case regarding thefts in her quarters in President`s Estate.
In the past one month, a solar motor, three security lights with fittings, internet cable and telephone cable were stolen from House No 6 in President`s Estate. Internet cable and telephone cable were stolen twice.
"There were several instances of theft in my house earlier also for which you have been duly intimated and a police guard was posted near my house on the Gurudwara Rakabganj side. The Police Guard has since been withdrawn.
"The recent thefts have taken place to my understanding, from North Avenue side. It is requested that the matter may please be investigated and police patrolling from both the sides, i.e., North Avenue and Gurudwara Rakabganj side be strengthened," Datta wrote in her complaint.
She also requested police to deploy the police guard again to prevent these recurring thefts.
Police said they are investigating the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest