Theft at President`s Estate, Patil`s press officer the victim
New Delhi: Thieves have managed to burgle at least six times the official quarters of President Pratibha Patil`s press officer in the last one month, police said on Thursday.
Archana Datta, Officer on Special Duty (Public Relations), have filed a fresh complaint with the Parliament Street police station here yesterday seeking registration of a case regarding thefts in her quarters in President`s Estate.
In the past one month, a solar motor, three security lights with fittings, internet cable and telephone cable were stolen from House No 6 in President`s Estate. Internet cable and telephone cable were stolen twice.
"There were several instances of theft in my house earlier also for which you have been duly intimated and a police guard was posted near my house on the Gurudwara Rakabganj side. The Police Guard has since been withdrawn.
"The recent thefts have taken place to my understanding, from North Avenue side. It is requested that the matter may please be investigated and police patrolling from both the sides, i.e., North Avenue and Gurudwara Rakabganj side be strengthened," Datta wrote in her complaint.
She also requested police to deploy the police guard again to prevent these recurring thefts.
Police said they are investigating the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids