Theft at President`s Estate, Rajya Sabha MP house
New Delhi: The office of President Pratibha
Patil`s Officer on Special Duty was burgled in the
high-security Rashtrapati Bhavan complex.
The office of Wing Commander Vikram Dutta, which is
located in the health club of the Presidential Estate, was
burgled on Wednesday and the thieves walked away with his
computer, police officials said.
While a case was registered on September four, police
officials believed that the job was that of an insider who has
also walked away with six dumbbells from the health club.
Tasmim Ahmed, caretaker of the health centre, had given
the office keys to a CPWD employee who had then returned it to
him after clearing the rain water accumulated inside the
centre on Wednesday night, they said.
But when Ahmed came on duty the next day he found the
doors of the health centre open and some items missing from
the Wing Commander`s room, police said.
"We have registered the case and investigating the
matter. It seems to be an insider`s job. Authorities need to
fix the responsibility," a senior police official said.
Security personnel posted at the health centre were being
questioned by the police, he said.
Theft at RS MP house
Meanwhile, thieves struck at the residence of
Rajya Sabha member from Bihar Ejaz Ali here and decamped with
The incident took place yesterday afternoon when the
personal staff of JD(U) MP noticed that the bathroom fittings
like wash basin and water pipes among others were missing from
the 16 D Feroz Shah Road house, police said, adding a case
has been registered in this regard.
"The house is undergoing renovation and was vacant.
Thieves have taken away small items. We are investigating the
matter," a senior police official said.
Ali was out of Delhi when the incident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal