Theft at President`s Estate, Rajya Sabha MP house
New Delhi: The office of President Pratibha
Patil`s Officer on Special Duty was burgled in the
high-security Rashtrapati Bhavan complex.
The office of Wing Commander Vikram Dutta, which is
located in the health club of the Presidential Estate, was
burgled on Wednesday and the thieves walked away with his
computer, police officials said.
While a case was registered on September four, police
officials believed that the job was that of an insider who has
also walked away with six dumbbells from the health club.
Tasmim Ahmed, caretaker of the health centre, had given
the office keys to a CPWD employee who had then returned it to
him after clearing the rain water accumulated inside the
centre on Wednesday night, they said.
But when Ahmed came on duty the next day he found the
doors of the health centre open and some items missing from
the Wing Commander`s room, police said.
"We have registered the case and investigating the
matter. It seems to be an insider`s job. Authorities need to
fix the responsibility," a senior police official said.
Security personnel posted at the health centre were being
questioned by the police, he said.
Theft at RS MP house
Meanwhile, thieves struck at the residence of
Rajya Sabha member from Bihar Ejaz Ali here and decamped with
The incident took place yesterday afternoon when the
personal staff of JD(U) MP noticed that the bathroom fittings
like wash basin and water pipes among others were missing from
the 16 D Feroz Shah Road house, police said, adding a case
has been registered in this regard.
"The house is undergoing renovation and was vacant.
Thieves have taken away small items. We are investigating the
matter," a senior police official said.
Ali was out of Delhi when the incident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened