There are persons drunk with power in UPA: Hazare
Pune: In a scathing attack on the Central
Government, social activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday said it consists
of people "who are drunk with power".
The Gandhian was reacting to a query on whether he would
be compelled to undertake a fast unto death in the absence of
a positive response from the government in incorporating the
provisions suggested by the civil society in drafting a strong
Lokpal bill, widening its scope and purview.
"There are persons in the government who are drunk with
power. I cannot say that I will not be required to undertake
the fast on August 16. I am ready for any eventuality," he
told reporters here.
Referring to Digvijay Singh`s reported remarks, which the
Congress general secretary subsequently denied, that Hazare`s
agitation would meet the same fate as that of yoga guru Baba
Ramdev`s, the activist said, "This means that they have not
understood the meaning of democracy which gives every citizen
a right to agitate to protect the interests of the nation and
"If required we will face bullets not just lathis without
adopting any violent methods, following the path of Ahimsa,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed