`There is scope for further action to unravel truth on Netaji`
Kolkata: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Friday asked
the Centre to take steps to help reveal the truth about the
mysterious disappearance of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
"There are so many question marks over the mysterious
disappearance of Netaji. Truth should come out," Bhagwat said
replying to a question at a press conference here during his
maiden visit to the state after assuming this post.
On the Centre not taking the Netaji Commission`s report
seriously, Bhagwat said he was confident that there was still
some scope for further action to reveal the truth.
Patriots like Netaji neglected: Mamata
Regretting that patriots like
Subhas Chandra Bose had remained neglected in Indian political
history, Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee today
demanded that mysterious disappearance of Netaji be
"Three commissions of inquiry have failed to solve the
mysterious disappearance of Netaji, but this should be
resolved as early as possible," Banerjee, who is Railway
Minister, said after unveiling the bust of the patriot on the
eve of his birthday, at Alipore court complex.
Banerjee said it was regrettable that Netaji had remained
neglected in Indian politics. "True patriots should get their
due honour," she said.
The Trinamool leader said that Netaji`s life and work
should find place in the curricula of school text books.
The function was organised by Alipore court bar
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference