They say something and do something else: Yechury on TMC
Bhubaneswar: CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that the Trinamool Congress, which has announced moving a no-confidence motion against the UPA government, "stated something and did something else".
"The track record of TMC has been such that they say something and do another thing. So till something happens tangibly, we won`t be able to decide," CPI(M) politburo member and MP Sitaram Yechury told reporters here.
"If something like that happens then we will see at that stage. But we never know what will finally happen," Yechury said responding to a question on TMC chief Mamata Banerjee`s appeal to UPA allies and Left parties for support to her party`s no confidence motion in Parliament.
Yechury also said "If you are bringing a no confidence motion .. If you are not successful, then that becomes a licence for the rest of the tenure of the government to say that Parliament has endorsed all that we are doing ..
Now that sort of a clean certificate we don`t want to give."
The CPI(M) has already given notice for division of votes on FDI in retail sector issue. "We want the opinion of the House before the government goes ahead on implementing it (FDI in retail)," the CPI(M) leader said.
Asked whether his party would go along with the BJP on the FDI issue, Yechury said: "Let them come."
Replying to a question on the possibility of early polls, the CPI-M politburo member said, "only two parties - SP and BSP- can give a reply to that. The UPA government has no majority in the Lok Sabha".
"They survive on outside support from SP and BSP. They can only say how long the government will last," Yechury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'