They say something and do something else: Yechury on TMC
Bhubaneswar: CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Saturday said that the Trinamool Congress, which has announced moving a no-confidence motion against the UPA government, "stated something and did something else".
"The track record of TMC has been such that they say something and do another thing. So till something happens tangibly, we won`t be able to decide," CPI(M) politburo member and MP Sitaram Yechury told reporters here.
"If something like that happens then we will see at that stage. But we never know what will finally happen," Yechury said responding to a question on TMC chief Mamata Banerjee`s appeal to UPA allies and Left parties for support to her party`s no confidence motion in Parliament.
Yechury also said "If you are bringing a no confidence motion .. If you are not successful, then that becomes a licence for the rest of the tenure of the government to say that Parliament has endorsed all that we are doing ..
Now that sort of a clean certificate we don`t want to give."
The CPI(M) has already given notice for division of votes on FDI in retail sector issue. "We want the opinion of the House before the government goes ahead on implementing it (FDI in retail)," the CPI(M) leader said.
Asked whether his party would go along with the BJP on the FDI issue, Yechury said: "Let them come."
Replying to a question on the possibility of early polls, the CPI-M politburo member said, "only two parties - SP and BSP- can give a reply to that. The UPA government has no majority in the Lok Sabha".
"They survive on outside support from SP and BSP. They can only say how long the government will last," Yechury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department