Think out of the box to find solution, Cong tells pvt airlines
New Delhi: Congress on Friday advised the private airlines to think out of the box and find solution to their economic problem without retrenching their staff.
"They should think out of the box and find solution
without retrenchment," party spokesman Manish Tewari said.
Asked about the position of the party on the issue and
whether any bailout package was needed for the airline, Tewari
said, "It is an issue which lies in the domain of the
He, however, added that the airlines was not the only
sector which has been affected by the global economic
“They (airlines) should find a solution...After all,
other airlines in the world are also running their
operations," Tewari said.
Eight major private domestic airlines, which together
carry over one lakh passengers a day, have decided not to
operate their flights on August 18 demanding immediate bailout
and threatened to suspend their services indefinitely if the
government does not intervene urgently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!