Think out of the box to find solution, Cong tells pvt airlines
New Delhi: Congress on Friday advised the private airlines to think out of the box and find solution to their economic problem without retrenching their staff.
"They should think out of the box and find solution
without retrenchment," party spokesman Manish Tewari said.
Asked about the position of the party on the issue and
whether any bailout package was needed for the airline, Tewari
said, "It is an issue which lies in the domain of the
He, however, added that the airlines was not the only
sector which has been affected by the global economic
“They (airlines) should find a solution...After all,
other airlines in the world are also running their
operations," Tewari said.
Eight major private domestic airlines, which together
carry over one lakh passengers a day, have decided not to
operate their flights on August 18 demanding immediate bailout
and threatened to suspend their services indefinitely if the
government does not intervene urgently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'