Third Front a nightmare, Congress propping it: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday accused the Congress of propping up the Third Front to stop the march of BJP, making it clear that such an option is a nightmare that will never happen.
Jaitley also said the Congress would be restricted to two digits in the upcoming Lok Sabha electiona and that`s why it was propping up the Third Front in the hope of supporting it from outside to keep the BJP away from the Centre.
In this context Jaitley referred to Defence Minister AK Antony`s remarks that secular forces may have to team up to keep BJP away.
"Sensing defeat, the Defence Minister A.K. Antony cautioned the left front that secular forces may have to team up again to keep the BJP out. It is clear that the Congress will be restricted to a two digit figure.
It`s government that won`t last beyond a few months. In terms of governance quality it is a nightmare. Is the Congress party hoping to repeat this "failed idea"?" Jaitley asked on his blog seeking voters` support for the BJP so that it could form the Government on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened