Third Front a nightmare, Congress propping it: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday accused the Congress of propping up the Third Front to stop the march of BJP, making it clear that such an option is a nightmare that will never happen.
Jaitley also said the Congress would be restricted to two digits in the upcoming Lok Sabha electiona and that`s why it was propping up the Third Front in the hope of supporting it from outside to keep the BJP away from the Centre.
In this context Jaitley referred to Defence Minister AK Antony`s remarks that secular forces may have to team up to keep BJP away.
"Sensing defeat, the Defence Minister A.K. Antony cautioned the left front that secular forces may have to team up again to keep the BJP out. It is clear that the Congress will be restricted to a two digit figure.
It`s government that won`t last beyond a few months. In terms of governance quality it is a nightmare. Is the Congress party hoping to repeat this "failed idea"?" Jaitley asked on his blog seeking voters` support for the BJP so that it could form the Government on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet