Third Front a nightmare, Congress propping it: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday accused the Congress of propping up the Third Front to stop the march of BJP, making it clear that such an option is a nightmare that will never happen.
Jaitley also said the Congress would be restricted to two digits in the upcoming Lok Sabha electiona and that`s why it was propping up the Third Front in the hope of supporting it from outside to keep the BJP away from the Centre.
In this context Jaitley referred to Defence Minister AK Antony`s remarks that secular forces may have to team up to keep BJP away.
"Sensing defeat, the Defence Minister A.K. Antony cautioned the left front that secular forces may have to team up again to keep the BJP out. It is clear that the Congress will be restricted to a two digit figure.
It`s government that won`t last beyond a few months. In terms of governance quality it is a nightmare. Is the Congress party hoping to repeat this "failed idea"?" Jaitley asked on his blog seeking voters` support for the BJP so that it could form the Government on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption