Third Front a nightmare, Congress propping it: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday accused the Congress of propping up the Third Front to stop the march of BJP, making it clear that such an option is a nightmare that will never happen.
Jaitley also said the Congress would be restricted to two digits in the upcoming Lok Sabha electiona and that`s why it was propping up the Third Front in the hope of supporting it from outside to keep the BJP away from the Centre.
In this context Jaitley referred to Defence Minister AK Antony`s remarks that secular forces may have to team up to keep BJP away.
"Sensing defeat, the Defence Minister A.K. Antony cautioned the left front that secular forces may have to team up again to keep the BJP out. It is clear that the Congress will be restricted to a two digit figure.
It`s government that won`t last beyond a few months. In terms of governance quality it is a nightmare. Is the Congress party hoping to repeat this "failed idea"?" Jaitley asked on his blog seeking voters` support for the BJP so that it could form the Government on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble