Third front experiment will prove costly for the country: Modi
New Delhi: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Sunday attacked the third front, saying the "experiment" will prove "costly" for the country which needed a government that could take decisions and come up to the people`s expectations.
"It is my firm belief that the country is at a decisive stage where such an experiment (of a third front) would prove costly. The country needs a government that can take decisions and come up to the expectations of the people," he told a Hindi daily in an interview.
Modi said all the parties who are advocating such a front emerged and got established on the basis of anti-Congress politics but were forced to join hands with Congress due to political opportunism at one time or the other.
"And now when there is an anger against Congress in the country, those working towards the third front are in a way actually helping Congress," he said.
Promising to root out corruption by adopting a "zero tolerance" policy towards it, the Gujarat Chief Minister made a veiled attack on the country`s top political leadership, saying if they are "themselves corrupt or give their silent approval to corruption due to their own weaknesses, then who will stop it."
He said for curbing corruption, what is need is that the top political leadership should be "credible".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened