Third Front `most enduring mirage` of Indian politics: Congress
New Delhi: Terming the emergence of a Third Front as "the most enduring mirage of Indian politics", Congress on Monday said the UPA government at the Centre is "absolutely stable."
"In politics you always have different experiments which keep unfolding at different points in time. But if you look at the history of the past 20 years, the history of coalition politics in India, the reality is that a Third front or a Fourth Front or a Fifth Front has been the most enduring mirage of Indian politics," Union Minister and Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said.
"A couple of days ago, while addressing media, the Finance Minister, the Parliamentary Affairs Minister and I had underscored that the government is absolutely stable," Tewari said.
He said in the past few days, except for speculation in the media, nobody had raised any question on the stability of the government.
"So, therefore, this is a complete non sequitur, so far as the Third Front or the Fourth Front or the Fifth Front is concerned," Tewari said.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram had said that despite the DMK`s exit, Congress-led UPA government is stable and enjoys majority support in Parliament.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi had pulled out of the UPA over the Sri Lanka issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’