Third Front will emerge before or after LS polls: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday said the future would decide what would be the best political combination for the country even as he suggested that a Third Front could emerge in due course of time.
"Politics in India is peculiar and there are certain compulsions. There is the UPA and there is the NDA. There are non-NDA and non-UPA forces as well. While the UPA is mired in scandals and inefficiency, NDA is not picking up. This benefit should accrue to non-UPA and non-NDA parties," he said.
The former Chief Minister, who would embark on a 117-day `padyatra` (foot march) titled `Vastunna Mee Kosam (I am coming for you) from October 2, spoke to the media at his residence here.
It was a matter of time before the Third Front emerged, either before or after the Lok Sabha elections in 2014, said Naidu, whose party once supported the BJP-led NDA.
TDP was also part of a regional grouping, United National Progressive Alliance, which existed for a brief period in early 2009.
"We have to see how it works out. We have to work it out in such a way that it ultimately is in the interest of the nation."
Asked if a he foresaw a non-UPA, non-NDA Government coming to power at the Centre in 2014, the TDP chief pointed out that even the likes of LK Advani were talking about it. "The future will decide that."
Questioned if he would shift base to the national politics, the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly shot back, "When was I not in national politics?"
"I will effectively shoulder any responsibility that people give me. I earlier got an opportunity to become the Prime Minister but I declined since serving Andhra Pradesh was primary to me. I have done my duty," Naidu noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation