Third Front will form next government at Centre, says Mulayam
Mainpuri: Third Front will form the next government at the Centre and a beginning has been made during the last month`s meeting of 17 regional parties in Delhi, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Thursday.
Terming the upcoming Lok Sabha polls as a major challenge for his party, Yadav said that Third Front "will now form its government at the Centre."
"As part of the exercise, leaders of 17 parties held a meeting recently," Yadav said, adding that, "it is only when the Samajwadi Party has a role at the Centre that there would be a change in the country."
On October 30, several regional parties including Left, JD(U), AIADMK, BJD and UPA ally NCP came together at the convention with their leaders pitching for unity among them to defeat the "threat" from fascist and communal forces.
"Samajwadi Party aims to win all the 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh and emerge as the largest party in amalgam," he said.
The SP leader said that all the leaders opposed to Congress and BJP are keen on the Third Front.
He also termed the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a media hype. "Modi is seen only on television or in Gujarat and no where else," he said.
Warning against "danger posed by China", Yadav said that ignoring it could prove "very costly" for the country.
Stressing on the need for providing free foodgrains to poor, Yadav said after coming to power at the Centre, instead of giving it for Rs 2 to Rs 3 per kg, SP would provide it free of cost.
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview