Third Front will form next government at Centre, says Mulayam
Mainpuri: Third Front will form the next government at the Centre and a beginning has been made during the last month`s meeting of 17 regional parties in Delhi, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Thursday.
Terming the upcoming Lok Sabha polls as a major challenge for his party, Yadav said that Third Front "will now form its government at the Centre."
"As part of the exercise, leaders of 17 parties held a meeting recently," Yadav said, adding that, "it is only when the Samajwadi Party has a role at the Centre that there would be a change in the country."
On October 30, several regional parties including Left, JD(U), AIADMK, BJD and UPA ally NCP came together at the convention with their leaders pitching for unity among them to defeat the "threat" from fascist and communal forces.
"Samajwadi Party aims to win all the 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh and emerge as the largest party in amalgam," he said.
The SP leader said that all the leaders opposed to Congress and BJP are keen on the Third Front.
He also termed the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a media hype. "Modi is seen only on television or in Gujarat and no where else," he said.
Warning against "danger posed by China", Yadav said that ignoring it could prove "very costly" for the country.
Stressing on the need for providing free foodgrains to poor, Yadav said after coming to power at the Centre, instead of giving it for Rs 2 to Rs 3 per kg, SP would provide it free of cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam