Third front will never become a reality: Naidu
New Delhi: Rejecting the possibility of a third front coming to power after the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday said the very idea is a "tried and failed experiment" which will never become a reality.
He said regional parties cannot claim themselves as an alternative.
"There is no possibility of a third front in the country. The idea of a third front is a tried and failed experiment. It will never become a reality.”
"...It is a national party like BJP which will become an alternative," Naidu told reporters here on the sidelines of a three-day fast here by an Andhra Pradesh activist seeking enactment of a law for compulsory voting.
He alleged all parties who have been supporting Congress "are a part of their corruption".
"They cannot claim themselves as the alternative. I am sure people want Congress to go and BJP and NDA to come back. BJP is ready to take up the responsibility," he said.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Naidu said it will be decided by the party at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends