Third front will never become a reality: Naidu
New Delhi: Rejecting the possibility of a third front coming to power after the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday said the very idea is a "tried and failed experiment" which will never become a reality.
He said regional parties cannot claim themselves as an alternative.
"There is no possibility of a third front in the country. The idea of a third front is a tried and failed experiment. It will never become a reality.”
"...It is a national party like BJP which will become an alternative," Naidu told reporters here on the sidelines of a three-day fast here by an Andhra Pradesh activist seeking enactment of a law for compulsory voting.
He alleged all parties who have been supporting Congress "are a part of their corruption".
"They cannot claim themselves as the alternative. I am sure people want Congress to go and BJP and NDA to come back. BJP is ready to take up the responsibility," he said.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Naidu said it will be decided by the party at the appropriate time.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- Twitterati blast Arvind Kejriwal for mocking PM Narendra Modi - Know why Delhi CM came under fire
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader
- Raging Uttarakhand forest fire can melt glaciers faster, say experts
- North Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test