Third front will never become a reality: Naidu
New Delhi: Rejecting the possibility of a third front coming to power after the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday said the very idea is a "tried and failed experiment" which will never become a reality.
He said regional parties cannot claim themselves as an alternative.
"There is no possibility of a third front in the country. The idea of a third front is a tried and failed experiment. It will never become a reality.”
"...It is a national party like BJP which will become an alternative," Naidu told reporters here on the sidelines of a three-day fast here by an Andhra Pradesh activist seeking enactment of a law for compulsory voting.
He alleged all parties who have been supporting Congress "are a part of their corruption".
"They cannot claim themselves as the alternative. I am sure people want Congress to go and BJP and NDA to come back. BJP is ready to take up the responsibility," he said.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Naidu said it will be decided by the party at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence