Third front will never become a reality: Naidu
New Delhi: Rejecting the possibility of a third front coming to power after the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday said the very idea is a "tried and failed experiment" which will never become a reality.
He said regional parties cannot claim themselves as an alternative.
"There is no possibility of a third front in the country. The idea of a third front is a tried and failed experiment. It will never become a reality.”
"...It is a national party like BJP which will become an alternative," Naidu told reporters here on the sidelines of a three-day fast here by an Andhra Pradesh activist seeking enactment of a law for compulsory voting.
He alleged all parties who have been supporting Congress "are a part of their corruption".
"They cannot claim themselves as the alternative. I am sure people want Congress to go and BJP and NDA to come back. BJP is ready to take up the responsibility," he said.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Naidu said it will be decided by the party at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader