Third Front will win next Lok Sabha polls: Mulayam
New Delhi: On a day when the second largest UPA-II ally Trinamool Congress is formally withdrawing its support to the government, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav stepped in to assure his party’s outside support to Congress-led government.
Interacting with mediapersons here, Mulayam Singh Yadav said, “We are giving outside support to UPA to keep communal forces away, but will continue to oppose Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail.”
When asked about his opinion on possibility of mid-term General Elections, the Samajwadi Party supremo said, “We cannot force mid-term polls ask Congress if they want it.”
Raking up the formation of Third Front issue, Mulayam told the reporters that a non Congress, non BJP alliance will win the next elections.
“Third Front will win the next Lok Sabha elelctions,” Mulayam said.
The Congress-led UPA Government appears to be in trouble as of now following West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee`s declaration that the 19 MPs of Trinamool Congress, the second biggest constituent of the UPA, would be pulling out of the government.
The TMC`s decision has brought the UPA`s effective strength in the 545-seat Lok Sabha from 273 to 254, slightly below the halfway mark. Now, the ruling Congress is likely to rope in either the Samajwadi Party (SP) or Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), both of which extend outside legislative support to the UPA regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi