Third Front will win next Lok Sabha polls: Mulayam
New Delhi: On a day when the second largest UPA-II ally Trinamool Congress is formally withdrawing its support to the government, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav stepped in to assure his party’s outside support to Congress-led government.
Interacting with mediapersons here, Mulayam Singh Yadav said, “We are giving outside support to UPA to keep communal forces away, but will continue to oppose Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail.”
When asked about his opinion on possibility of mid-term General Elections, the Samajwadi Party supremo said, “We cannot force mid-term polls ask Congress if they want it.”
Raking up the formation of Third Front issue, Mulayam told the reporters that a non Congress, non BJP alliance will win the next elections.
“Third Front will win the next Lok Sabha elelctions,” Mulayam said.
The Congress-led UPA Government appears to be in trouble as of now following West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee`s declaration that the 19 MPs of Trinamool Congress, the second biggest constituent of the UPA, would be pulling out of the government.
The TMC`s decision has brought the UPA`s effective strength in the 545-seat Lok Sabha from 273 to 254, slightly below the halfway mark. Now, the ruling Congress is likely to rope in either the Samajwadi Party (SP) or Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), both of which extend outside legislative support to the UPA regime.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow