Third group involved in Ponty Chadha, Hardeep murder?
New Delhi: As the investigation into the murders of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep continue, more theories as to what led to the killings are coming to the fore.
As per a report in The Times of India, initial postmortem findings have cast doubts on the police claims that the brothers died in firing following a heated argument.
Doctors at AIIMS, who conducted the post-mortem and forensic examination, said both the brothers had sustained almost same number of bullet wounds – over a dozen. However, what’s significant is the fact that while four bullets were taken out from Ponty`s body, Hardeep’s had none.
AIIMS sources told the daily that same was possible under two circumstances – either Ponty was hit from a distance and Hardeep from close range, or the firearm used to shoot Ponty was a low-penetrating, locally-made weapon.
Police however have denied recovering any local weapon.
"Apart from an AK-47, we have recovered only two weapons. Both are licenced pistols," said Vivek Gogia, joint CP (southwestern range).
According to sources, there is a strong possibility that a third party could have carried out the shooting if the theory of Ponty being shot from a distance and Hardeep from close range is true. However, there is no evidence yet to prove the same.
The bullets recovered from Ponty Chadha`s body have been sent to a forensic lab for ballistic examination only after which it would be determined which firearm was used in the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad