Third suspect arrested in Ajmer blast case
Jaipur/Shajapur (MP): Rajasthan Anti
Terrorism Squad arrested two more persons, including one with
alleged links with Hindu outfits, for their suspected
involvement in the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast.
Chandrashekhar, suspected to have links with Hindu
outfits, was arrested yesterday from Madhya Pradesh while
Vishnu Patidar was apprehended today at Shajapur in the same
Chandrashekhar was today produced before an Ajmer court
which remanded him in 11-day police custody.
He is suspected to be a key member of the terror module
involved in the blast in which three persons were killed and
is believed to have links with Hindu outfits, the sources
Patidar was arrested by a five-member team of Rajasthan
ATS led by Inspector Rajesh Choudhry from village Khardonkala
in the district for his suspected involvement in the Ajmer
blast, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ramji
Shrivastava told agency.
They took Patidar to Ajmer for further investigations in
The arrest of Chandrashekhar and Patidar came close on
the heels of apprehending of Devendra Gupta with alleged links
to Hindu group Abhinav Bharat Sangathan.
Officials are also probing Gupta`s alleged links with
Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the Malegaon
Chandrashekar and Gupta will be produced again before the
court on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon