Thirty eight Railway employees suspended
Ghaziabad: Thirty eight Railway employees have been suspended for allegedly running commercial activities from their government allotted houses, a senior railway official said.
"Over 350 houses in Ghaziabad and six in Sahibabad were
sealed for running commercial activities," Ashwani Lohani,
Railway Divisional Manager (RDM) of Delhi division said.
The drive which started on June 3, resulted in the
suspension of 38 employees for allegedly using their houses
for commercial activities, he said.
There were over 550 railway houses in Ghaziabad and 350
were being used for sub-letting and other commercial
activities, an official said.
The DRM also directed to cut off electricity and water
supply of these houses, a railway official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says