Thirty eight Railway employees suspended
Ghaziabad: Thirty eight Railway employees have been suspended for allegedly running commercial activities from their government allotted houses, a senior railway official said.
"Over 350 houses in Ghaziabad and six in Sahibabad were
sealed for running commercial activities," Ashwani Lohani,
Railway Divisional Manager (RDM) of Delhi division said.
The drive which started on June 3, resulted in the
suspension of 38 employees for allegedly using their houses
for commercial activities, he said.
There were over 550 railway houses in Ghaziabad and 350
were being used for sub-letting and other commercial
activities, an official said.
The DRM also directed to cut off electricity and water
supply of these houses, a railway official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani