Thirty eight Railway employees suspended
Ghaziabad: Thirty eight Railway employees have been suspended for allegedly running commercial activities from their government allotted houses, a senior railway official said.
"Over 350 houses in Ghaziabad and six in Sahibabad were
sealed for running commercial activities," Ashwani Lohani,
Railway Divisional Manager (RDM) of Delhi division said.
The drive which started on June 3, resulted in the
suspension of 38 employees for allegedly using their houses
for commercial activities, he said.
There were over 550 railway houses in Ghaziabad and 350
were being used for sub-letting and other commercial
activities, an official said.
The DRM also directed to cut off electricity and water
supply of these houses, a railway official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand