Thirty eight Railway employees suspended
Ghaziabad: Thirty eight Railway employees have been suspended for allegedly running commercial activities from their government allotted houses, a senior railway official said.
"Over 350 houses in Ghaziabad and six in Sahibabad were
sealed for running commercial activities," Ashwani Lohani,
Railway Divisional Manager (RDM) of Delhi division said.
The drive which started on June 3, resulted in the
suspension of 38 employees for allegedly using their houses
for commercial activities, he said.
There were over 550 railway houses in Ghaziabad and 350
were being used for sub-letting and other commercial
activities, an official said.
The DRM also directed to cut off electricity and water
supply of these houses, a railway official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!