Thomas to make Food Security presentation at FAO meet in Rome
New Delhi: Food Minister KV Thomas is scheduled to make a presentation on the National Food Security Act at an FAO conference next week in Rome.
Thomas is leading an official delegation to participate in the 40th ministerial-level conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations from October 7 to 11, according to an official statement.
The presentation is being made after FAO member-countries showed keen interest in the National Food Security Act, which gives two-thirds of the country`s population the right to get highly subsidised foodgrains.
The minister is also scheduled to meet FAO Director General Jos Graziano da Silva and Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre