Thomas to make Food Security presentation at FAO meet in Rome
New Delhi: Food Minister KV Thomas is scheduled to make a presentation on the National Food Security Act at an FAO conference next week in Rome.
Thomas is leading an official delegation to participate in the 40th ministerial-level conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations from October 7 to 11, according to an official statement.
The presentation is being made after FAO member-countries showed keen interest in the National Food Security Act, which gives two-thirds of the country`s population the right to get highly subsidised foodgrains.
The minister is also scheduled to meet FAO Director General Jos Graziano da Silva and Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you