Those acquitted in Godhra case released from jail
Ahmedabad: All the 63 persons acquitted in
the 2002 Godhra train burning case were released from
Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad on Tuesday evening.
"All the 63 persons, acquitted by the special court
today, have been released from Sabarmati Central Jail and are
on their way to Godhra", defence lawyer Irfan Pathan said.
Special Judge PR Patel on Tuesday found 31 persons guilty in
Godhra train burning case for criminal conspiracy and
murder while acquitting 63 other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet