Those acquitted in Godhra case released from jail
Ahmedabad: All the 63 persons acquitted in
the 2002 Godhra train burning case were released from
Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad on Tuesday evening.
"All the 63 persons, acquitted by the special court
today, have been released from Sabarmati Central Jail and are
on their way to Godhra", defence lawyer Irfan Pathan said.
Special Judge PR Patel on Tuesday found 31 persons guilty in
Godhra train burning case for criminal conspiracy and
murder while acquitting 63 other accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram