Those acquitted in Godhra case released from jail
Ahmedabad: All the 63 persons acquitted in
the 2002 Godhra train burning case were released from
Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad on Tuesday evening.
"All the 63 persons, acquitted by the special court
today, have been released from Sabarmati Central Jail and are
on their way to Godhra", defence lawyer Irfan Pathan said.
Special Judge PR Patel on Tuesday found 31 persons guilty in
Godhra train burning case for criminal conspiracy and
murder while acquitting 63 other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail