Those acquitted in Godhra case released from jail
Ahmedabad: All the 63 persons acquitted in
the 2002 Godhra train burning case were released from
Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad on Tuesday evening.
"All the 63 persons, acquitted by the special court
today, have been released from Sabarmati Central Jail and are
on their way to Godhra", defence lawyer Irfan Pathan said.
Special Judge PR Patel on Tuesday found 31 persons guilty in
Godhra train burning case for criminal conspiracy and
murder while acquitting 63 other accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference