Those acquitted in Godhra case released from jail
Ahmedabad: All the 63 persons acquitted in
the 2002 Godhra train burning case were released from
Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad on Tuesday evening.
"All the 63 persons, acquitted by the special court
today, have been released from Sabarmati Central Jail and are
on their way to Godhra", defence lawyer Irfan Pathan said.
Special Judge PR Patel on Tuesday found 31 persons guilty in
Godhra train burning case for criminal conspiracy and
murder while acquitting 63 other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India