Those involved in diplomat attack should be accountable: Israel
New Delhi: On the eve of the first anniversary of the bomb attack on one of its diplomats here, Israel today said the terrorists who committed the "heinous attack" must be made accountable.
Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz, however, thanked India for the probe into the incident and support it offered to Israel.
"The terrorists who committed this heinous attack and the Government of Iran that sent them, must be made accountable," Ushpiz said in a statement issued.
The attack was carried out on February 13 last year.
"In the days, weeks and months following this terrorist action, we were embraced by a wave of support and friendship from the Government and the people of India. We are grateful for this and for the security that the Indian authorities provide us," the Ambassador said.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, an Israeli diplomat and wife of the defence attache at the embassy, was injured in the car bomb attack that had taken place near the Prime Minister`s residence in central Delhi. Israel had immediately blamed Iran for the attack.
Ushpiz said Tal was still suffering from her wounds. An Indian driver of the vehicle which was targeted and two other people were also injured in the attack.
"It is understood that the Iranian authorities did not provide answers to Indian officials who travelled to Tehran to gather information," said the Israeli Ambassador.
During the investigation, role of four Iranian nationals surfaced. It was found that a motorcycle rider had attached a magnetic explosive device to the diplomat`s car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire.
A two-member Delhi Police team was in Iran in August last year to seek cooperation from its counterpart in the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister