Those who create ruckus in Parliament are not heroes: APJ Abdul Kalam
Chandrapur: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday said here that those who disrupt proceedings in the Parliament are not "heroes", but the "real heroes" are those who get their things done silently.
"Those who create disruptions in the Parliament are not heroes. But those who get their things done silently are the real heroes and media needs to celebrate these heroes," he said, without referring to the pandemonium in the Parliament yesterday over the Telangana bill.
Kalam was here to attend a programme organised by the Manovedh Sanskrutik Pratishthan and local MP, Hansraj Ahir of BJP, where he addressed a gathering of students and teachers.
He told the students that dreaming small was a crime.
"I am an aeronautical and rocket engineer. It is amazing to note that humble bee has a round body that defies all the specifications and design required for flying or to be airborne. But it is amazing to note that it not only flies but flies with all efficiency. The reason is simple, it wants to fly and hence it flies," he said.
To a question from a student as to why people leave India and go abroad for studies, Kalam asserted that institutions such as IIMs and IITs were among the best in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today