Those who create ruckus in Parliament are not heroes: APJ Abdul Kalam
Chandrapur: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Friday said here that those who disrupt proceedings in the Parliament are not "heroes", but the "real heroes" are those who get their things done silently.
"Those who create disruptions in the Parliament are not heroes. But those who get their things done silently are the real heroes and media needs to celebrate these heroes," he said, without referring to the pandemonium in the Parliament yesterday over the Telangana bill.
Kalam was here to attend a programme organised by the Manovedh Sanskrutik Pratishthan and local MP, Hansraj Ahir of BJP, where he addressed a gathering of students and teachers.
He told the students that dreaming small was a crime.
"I am an aeronautical and rocket engineer. It is amazing to note that humble bee has a round body that defies all the specifications and design required for flying or to be airborne. But it is amazing to note that it not only flies but flies with all efficiency. The reason is simple, it wants to fly and hence it flies," he said.
To a question from a student as to why people leave India and go abroad for studies, Kalam asserted that institutions such as IIMs and IITs were among the best in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months