Those who ordered killing of my daughter should also be named: Ishrat`s mother
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The mother of Ishrat Jahan said on Wednesday that though she was satisfied that by the contents of the chargesheet filed by the CBI in an Ahmedabad court, she would be `truly happy` when those who had ordered the killing of her daughter are also named as part of the conspiracy.
Addressing the media here, Shamima Kauser said, "I have been saying for the past nine years that my daughter was innocent." "However I am not happy by the chargesheet filed by the CBI today. Those who killed my daughter have been named in the chargesheet but those who ordered the killing should also be named," she added.
On an emotional note she said, "We were very happy as a family. However, after Ishrat was gone, our happiness too went away with her."
"We had to suffer a lot because of the policemen who killed my daughter," Shamima added.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today filed the chargesheet in the high-profile encounter case in an Ahmedabad court but did not name Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and former Gujarat minister Amit Shah as accused.
However, the CBI said that the Ishrat encounter was fake and it was a joint operation between the Gujarat police and Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau (SIB). The CBI also said that three others - Pranesh Pillai alias Javed Shaikh, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar - were killed along with Ishrat.
But in an important turn of events the probe agency is silent on whether Ishrat and those accompanying her were terrorists or not.
Earlier too on June 18, Ishrat`s mother had told the media – "Since the day of her murder, I have been stating that my daughter was innocent and had no links whatsoever with any terrorist or criminal."
"I categorically asserted the same in a writ petition filed by me in August 2004 before the high court, seeking a CBI inquiry to establish the innocence of my daughter and justice through punishment of her killers," she had said in a written statement released by her advocate Vrinda Grover.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata